ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
5 Courses. 5 Days.
4 Amazing Presenters.
Experts spotlight the worldwide shift to a multidimensional approach for speech therapy service delivery related to stuttering.
5 Amazing Courses
Utilizing Fun Websites to Facilitate Functional Conversation with School-aged Children Who Stutter
MONDAY, September 20 | 4 pm PT / 7 pm ET
PRESENTERS: Dr. Erik X. Raj, Ph.D CCC-SLP & Martha Horrocks, MEd CCC-SLP This workshop is designed to meet the needs of speech-language pathologists serving school-age children who stutter by providing the clinicians with a collection of fun websites that can be used as functional, digital therapy materials. Ideas will be shared on how to use specific websites for the intentional purposes of engaging in conversations about stuttering and communication, as a whole. Participants will be involved in discussions related to skills and foundational knowledge. LEARN MOREDr. Erik X. Raj, Ph.D CCC-SLPo
How To Assess and Treat the TOP of the Iceberg of Stuttering - Self-Knowledge and Self-Adjustment
TUESDAY, September 21 | 4 pm PT / 7 pm ET
PRESENTER: Uri Schneider, MA, CCC-SLPThis is a practical clinical skills course to demystify and reframe stuttering therapy to be understandable and actionable. This course focuses on the "above the surface" physical side of stuttering assessment and treatment. All learners (speech-language pathologists, and related therapy providers) will develop the skills and tools to better help people who stutter. Learners will benefit from an array of learning modalities (presentation, visuals, video and exercises) with a practical focus on assessment, differentiated treatment, person-centered care and a collection of clinical tools for real life. LEARN MORE
How To Assess and Treat the Bottom of the Stuttering Iceberg - Self-Acceptance and Self-Advocacy
WEDNESDAY, September 22 | 4 pm PT / 7 pm ET
PRESENTER: Uri Schneider, MA, CCC-SLPThis is a practical clinical skills course to demystify and reframe stuttering therapy to be understandable and actionable. This course focuses on the "beneath the surface" cognitive, social, emotional sides of stuttering assessment and treatment. All learners (speech-language pathologists, and related therapy providers) will develop the skills and tools to better help people who stutter. Learners will benefit from an array of learning modalities (presentation, visuals, video and exercises) with a practical focus on assessment, differentiated treatment, person-centered care and a collection of clinical tools for real life. LEARN MORE
Time to Redefine Stuttering Therapy
THURSDAY, September 23 | 4 pm PT / 7 pm ET
PANEL PRESENTATION: Dr. Erik X. Raj, Ph.D CCC-SLP, Martha Horrocks, MEd CCC-SLP, Uri Schneider, MA CCC-SLP, John Gomez, MA CCC-SLP
This panel presentation will spotlight using a new social model to inform how we understand stuttering. Presenters will explore how professionals and parents can make specific changes in the classroom and the community to become more impactful allies to people who stutter. LEARN MORE
Humanistic Counseling for Clients Who Stutter
FRIDAY, September 24 | 4 pm PT / 7 pm ET
PRESENTER: John Gomez, MA CCC-SLPFor many Speech-language Pathologists, changing the speaking behaviors of their clients is often the chief goal of therapy. Unfortunately, there can be little consideration for what the client wants from treatment, leading to diminished motivation. This course asks SLPs to embrace their role as counselors in order to provide effective treatment for their clients who stutter; it underlines the essential value of humanistic counseling in treating the whole person in stuttering therapy. In particular, there will be an emphasis on the vital role of active listening in creating an environment that fosters lasting change and growth for our clients. LEARN MORE
Can't attend these live? No problem!
Register NOW for the courses you'd like to attend and watch them until Sunday, October 10, 2021, 11:59pm EST.
Registration is EASY & FREE!
• REGISTER HERE FOR THE CONFERENCE first!
• Then, register for EACH course you'd like to attend.
• You must register for EACH course you plan on attending!• Can't watch it live? No worries! You will have access to these courses for ONE week after they become available.
Watch them LIVE!
• Login to your Conference Dashboard to watch your course LIVE the day and time of the event.
• Select the Course you are about to attend and hit the Join Live Webinar button.
• Go to Step 3: Live Webinar tab on the left.
• Select the Launch Webinar button on the window to the right.
• Sit back, participate, and learn!
Watch the REPLAYS!
• Please note that replays will be available 24-48 hours AFTER the LIVE course was presented.
• Login to your Conference Dashboard.
• Select the Course you would like to watch and hit the TAKE COURSE button.
• Go to Step 3: Watch tab on the left.
• Click on the video in the window to the right and your course will start playing.
• You will have until Sunday, October 10, 2021 to watch the replays for this conference.
Get your certificates!
• Login to XceptionalED.com. You will be redirected to your Dashboard.
• Click on the My Certificates tab on the left.
• Simply click the DOWNLOAD button to save your certificate!
PLUS a FREE bonus...
- Our digital library has 1000's of premade activities for every target area, PLUS you can upload your own materials and keep them organized in one place.
- Extensive, customized goal bank designed BY therapists FOR therapists!
- See all your scheduled meetings at one glance in the calendar in Monthly/Weekly/Daily views
- Access to best-in-class teletherapy platform for all of your therapy sessions
Thank You To Our Sponsor!
We would like to thank Verge Learning and their family of brands for making this conference FREE for everyone.
Join Mary, just one of our thousands of clinicians that have chosen professional development with XED
"XED makes it easy to find CEUs by presenters I can't find anywhere else!"
MARY M. - Speech-Language Pathologist
Join Krupa who has chosen to share her courses through XceptionalED.
"As a course creator, I wouldn't choose any other platform than XED to host my thought-baby."
KRUPA K. Occupational Therapist
Have any questions about this conference or XceptionalED's courses? Find them below or contact us at Support/Contact Page and fill out the form, and a team member will get back to you shortly! Alternatively, you can send us an email at email@example.com or give us a call at 1-800-381-3445.
Try us risk-free!
** We're confident you’ll be 100% satisfied with all of our courses.
But in the unlikely event you decide it’s not for you, just ask for a refund any time during the first 3 days and you’ll get your money back!